Vetrolite extra-thick GRP laminates
Vetrolite has been developed to meet the needs of the American motor home market. The increased thickness of this GRP laminate makes it possible to create exceptionally level panels without compromising the weight of the structure. The special production technology makes it possible to produce laminates that are much lighter than those of equal thicknesses produced in a conventional manner.
In general, this laminate offers:
- Lightweight structure
- Good resistance to atmospheric agents
- Good UV stability
- Good chemical resistance
- Good electrical insulation
- Good scratch resistance
- Ease of cleaning
- Motor homes and caravans: construction of external wall panels
- Commercial vehicles: construction of external and internal wall panels
- Glass fibre MAT, available in 600, 700, 800, 900 and 1300 g/m² versions
- Available in 1.8, 2.2, 2.5, 3.0 and 3.8 mm thicknesses
- Weight 2.3, 2.6, 3, 3.5 and 4.4 kg/ m²
- External finish: glossy or matt gelcoat
- Rear finish: sanded, mechanically sanded, calibrated, smooth
- EPA 8015D free styrene content less than 1% in weight
- ISO 8302 thermal conductivity: 0.065 W/mK
- UNI EN 12086:1999 resistance to water vapour: 50,000<µ<90,000
- Operating temperature from -30°C to 70°C
- Water absorption with internal method less than 0.5% in weight
The surfaces of Vetroresina’s laminates may have different finishes, depending on the type of application; the external surface may be glossy, matt and with or without gelcoat, whilst the internal surface may be rough, sanded or smooth. All of the laminates can be produced in various RAL colours or even in customised colours. Here are some examples of the finishes available:
Packing and transport
Each roll is packaged with protective material (bubble wrap) and labelled to facilitate product traceability. It can be dispatched in various ways:
- with 60 cm polystyrene packaging;
- on a pallet with 60 cm or 70 cm iron supports (returnable);
- on a custom-sized wooden pallet.
The sheets may be of various sizes and are packaged and labelled to facilitate product traceability. They may be dispatched on wooden pallets or returnable iron supports.
Do you need a special laminate?
We custom make laminates upon request to satisfy all of the requirements your application might have. We produce industrial laminates of different thicknesses and with different specifications using a variety of combinations of woven, glass and resins. You can click the buttons below to request your free sample and a catalogue. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information or to ask for a personalized quote.Ask for a free sample Contact us for more information
Back to previous page