Vetro LD (Low Density) FRP panels
This type of Vetro LD (Low Density) FRP panels has been created by adapting the VETROLITE technology to obtain a considerable reduction in weight and increased flatness, even for the smallest thicknesses (from 1.3 mm).
LD (low density) laminates offer a considerable reduction in weight and greater flatness whilst containing the same amount of glass fibre as a conventional laminate. Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic Composite Panels are available in a wide range of RAL colours or even customised colours.
In general, this laminate offers:
- Lightweight structure
- Good resistance to atmospheric agents
- Good UV stability
- Good chemical resistance
- Good electrical insulation
- Good scratch resistance
- Ease of cleaning
Laminates with gelcoat
- Motor homes and caravans: construction of external and internal side wall panels
- Commercial vehicles: construction of external and internal side wall panels
- Buses: construction of external and internal side wall panels
- Refrigerated vehicles: construction of external and internal side wall panels
Laminates without gelcoat
- Floors for camper vans, caravans, refrigerated vehicles and buses.
- Glass fibre MAT, available in versions ranging from 300 g/m² to 800 g/m²
- Glass fibre WOVEN ROVING, available in versions ranging from 300 g/m² to 500 g/m²
- Available in thicknesses ranging from 1.5 mm to 2.9 mm with gelcoat and from 1.2 mm to 2.6 mm without gelcoat
- Weight 2.0 – 3.6 kg/m² with gelcoat, 1.7 – 3.3 kg/m² without gelcoat
- External finish: glossy or matt gelcoat, no gelcoat
- Rear finish: sanded, mechanically sanded, smooth, rough
- EPA 8015D free styrene content less than 1% in weight
- ISO 8302 thermal conductivity: 0.065 W/mK
- UNI EN 12086:1999 resistance to water vapour: 50,000<µ<90,000
- Operating temperature from -30°C to 70°C
- Suitable for contact with food in accordance with Directive 2002/72/CE
- Water absorption with internal method about 1% in weight
The surfaces of Vetroresina’s FRP panels may have different finishes, depending on the type of application; the external surface may be glossy, matt and with or without gelcoat, whilst the internal surface may be rough, sanded or smooth. All of the laminates can be produced in various RAL colours or even in customised colours. Here are some examples of the finishes available:
Packing and transport
Each panel is produced to a max 200’ long. They can be packaged as a single panel rolled up or it can be doubled or even tripled into a jumbo roll according to the thickness.
Each roll (or jumbo roll) is packaged with protective material (bubble wrap) and labelled to facilitate product traceability. It can be dispatched in various ways:
- with foam EPS cradles
- on a pallet with pyramid shape
- on a custom-sized wooden pallet.
The sheets may be of various sizes and are packaged and labelled to facilitate product traceability. They may be dispatched on wooden pallets built to size up to 43 feet long
Do you need a special laminate?
We custom make laminates upon request to satisfy all of the requirements your application might have. We produce industrial laminates of different thicknesses and with different specifications using a variety of combinations of woven, glass and resins. You can click the buttons below to request your free sample and a catalogue. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information or to ask for a personalized quote.Ask for a free sample Contact us for more information
Back to previous page